Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Join CJM Investment Property Advisors, a market-leading commercial real estate appraisal and advisory firm with over three decades of experience providing services throughout Washington, Oregon and Idaho. You will be tasked with estimating market value for all types of commercial properties—including retail, apartments, offices, industrial, residential subdivisions. Clients include lending institutions, estate managers, and public agencies, for purposes including market analysis for development potential, loan underwriting, tax appeals, estate valuation, partnership formation and dissolution, and eminent domain. The job has all the excitement of investigative reporting as you seek to answer the question: What will it sell for?
We encourage our appraisers to work toward achieving industry recognition as an MAI-designated appraiser. Enjoy the flexibility of managing your schedule in our supportive virtual telecommuting environment; CJM has invested in state-of-the-art research and report preparation tools aimed at improving appraiser productivity. We provide competitive compensation and benefits for the candidate who can demonstrate integrity, dependability, persistence, flexibility and a positive, cooperative attitude.
- Think, write and speak clearly; position requires strong command of the English language.
- Manage time wisely by researching data quickly and thoroughly, being persistent in obtaining needed information, and proactively perform routine production tasks early in the appraisal process.
- Inspect properties; interview market participants. Position requires travel to multiple market areas.
- Demonstrate strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills, including discounted cash flow analysis.
- Analyze data and prepare reports in a timely manner using CJM appraisal report preparation tools including the MS Office Suite, Narrative1, ARGUS, CoStar, and other appraisal software.
- Maintain appropriate files consistent with legal and ethical requirements.
- Keep abreast of current appraisal regulations, standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with research and report writing required. Commercial appraisal experience a plus.
- State licensed certified general appraiser preferred but willing to train licensed trainee.
- Work experience demonstrating strong written communication skills required; commercial real estate appraisal work experience a plus.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, reading comprehension, time management and complex problem solving.
- Familiarity with current appraisal industry’s regulations, rules and standards
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Proven attention to detail, sound judgment and decision-making skills.
To apply—submit a resume and letter of interest to Meri Person, Operations Manager, via e-mail (email@example.com).